Did you know today is National Cookie Day? Thanks to Dr. Danielle Williamson from Optimum Wellness Integrated Clinic for sharing this guilt free fava cookie recipe. Time to indulge!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or natural peanut butter)*
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup fava bean flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup mini non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mash the banana
- With an electric mixer or in a stand mixer, beat the coconut oil and almond butter until combined.
- Add coconut sugar and beat for 1 minute more. Beat in the mashed banana and vanilla extract until combined.
- Now, beat in the dry ingredients (baking soda, baking powder, salt, fava flour, and almond meal) one by one. If the dough is too sticky to work with, add a teaspoon or two of water or almond milk
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Shape 1-inch balls of dough (smaller than golf balls) and place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 11 to 13 minutes until lightly golden. The cookies will be very soft coming out of the oven, but they will crisp up as they cool. Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack for another 10 minutes.
*Stir your nut butter well to incorporate the oil.